News You Can Use
Miller’s Product Offerings Changing 7/1/19
Effective July 1, 2019 Miller’s will no longer provide some basic durable medical equipment (DME). This includes basic DME such as:
- Standard Walkers, Crutches, & Canes
- Standard Hospital Beds, Trapeze Bars, & Related Accessories
- Standard Bedside Commodes, Basic Bath Benches, & Related Accessories
- Standard Patient Lifts & Slings
There are multiple reasons for this decision. The main reason is the significant rate reductions for these items over the last several years. Many of these products have seen rate reductions greater than 50% since the inception of Medicare’s Competitive Bidding program. Since 2016, these extremely low rates have spread to all non-bid areas and most other insurance payers. Many of these items cost us more than the insurance payment amounts. Additionally, these items are readily available for purchase at local drug stores, chain stores, and also easily purchased on-line. The common theme to all these items is that they are standard products that require little to no specialized service.
While this decision was not an easy one, we firmly believe it is the right decision –both for Miller’s and for the referrals/clients that we serve. Moving forward, we will focus even more of our resources and energy on our core product and service offerings. Miller’s has always focused on differentiating ourselves by providing personalized, customized solutions to meet the unique needs of each individual we serve. We are more committed than ever to doing this in the future.
Miller’s WILL continue to specialize and offer:
- Custom Wheelchairs and Specialty Seating (Custom Rehab Technology)
- Specialty Adaptive Equipment including Adaptive Walkers, Gait Trainers, Standers, etc.
- Home Respiratory Services including CPAP, Home Oxygen, Non-Invasive Ventilation, & Nebulizers
- Home Accessibility Solutions including Stairlifts, Ramps, Wheelchair Lifts, Vertical Platform Lifts, & Custom Bathroom Remodels
- Seat Lift Chairs
- Incontinence and Urological Supplies
A Few Items to Note:
- The discontinued items will not be available at all even as cash pay items.
- We will stop accepting new orders for discontinued items as of June 15, 2019.
- We will work all existing orders for these items through to completion even if after July 1st.
We recognize this may cause some inconvenience, and we will do our very best to minimize that. Miller’s will continue servicing any current rental equipment or equipment we have previously provided that falls under warranty. The future is bright at Miller’s! We plan to grow and improve in the areas of custom wheelchairs, respiratory/CPAP and home accessibility solutions. If you have any questions or would like to share any comments, please feel free to contact Johnny P. Miller firstname.lastname@example.org or (330) 753-9600 x12100.